German pancake. Melt butter in a medium baking dish. German Pancake Piping hot and puffy from the oven, this golden pancake made a pretty presentation for a skier's theme breakfast I hosted. Served with homemade buttermilk syrup, it's an eye-opening treat.
Whisk in the flour to make a smooth batter. Add the butter to a large cast-iron skillet and transfer to oven until the butter melts. Remove from oven and quickly pour the batter into the hot skillet. You can cook German pancake using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German pancake
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
Top with the fresh fruit and whipped cream just before serving. Combine the eggs, granulated sugar, salt, milk, vanilla, flour and melted butter in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Melt the butter in the skillet. German pancakes are a little tricky to know if they are done or not.
German pancake step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degre.
- Using KitchenAid blender, slowly blend the eggs about 3 minutes. Add salt and sugar. Slowly add flour until completely blended. Then slowly add milk until completely blended..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to large skillet on stove to medium heat to melt. Be sure all sides and bottom of pan coated with butter. I usually spray with Pam to ensure pancake won't stick to insure rise up over the pan a couple of inches..
- Pour batter into heated pan and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes using lowest rack in oven..
- While baking make filling, combining 1/2 can apple pie filling, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Alternate for apple pie filling is using 3 tablespoons butter heating in large Skillet over medium heat. adding 3 medium sliced apples, 3 medium sliced pears and 3 tbsp sugar. Cook until tender about 12 to 15 minutes..
- As soon as pancake is done, remove from oven and place on large plate. Pour apple five pie filling into center and push out to sides. Fold over one side to the other, then again and again until all sides are folded. Then flip pancake so folded side is down..
Once the edges and top of the German pancake is nice and golden brown that is when you know to remove the pancake from the oven. German pancakes, often called Dutch Baby pancakes are baked pancakes made from eggs, milk, flour and vanilla. The pancakes are baked in a metal or cast iron pan, puff up in the oven and then fall as they cool. Place it in the oven to melt while your oven heats. Add milk, eggs, flour, vanilla and a dash of salt to the blender, and blend until smooth.