Southern Style Green Beans. Stir in the cooked bacon, green beans, potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth. All Reviews for Southern-Style Green Beans Recipe – of Reviews. Reviews: Most Helpful Most Helpful Most Positive Least Positive Newest.
Put green beans in pot- if canned add juices, if frozen add water enough to see but not cover beans- cook on medium heat. Fry bacon until cooked but not too crisp- drain on paper towel. Cut onion in large (thick) slices and break rings apart in to beans. You can cook Southern Style Green Beans using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Style Green Beans
- Prepare of green beans.
- Prepare of smoked Turkey leg.
- Prepare of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need of Tblsp bacon grease.
- It’s of Tblsp butter.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of garlic salt.
- You need of black pepper.
Crumble or rip bacon apart add to beans. Southern Style Green Beans are made with fresh green beans cooked low and slow flavored with salty bacon. This traditional southern side is served on just about every table in the south! Home cooked vegetables are a staple in the south.
Southern Style Green Beans step by step
- Open canned beans and place into a pot and put heat on medium high.
- Add turkey leg and bring to a boil.
- Add the bouillon, bay leaves, bacon grease and butter and stir.
- While still boiling add garlic salt and black pepper then to a low simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally and your done !! ENJOY ????.
- You can double the recipe or add garlic or onion and saute first which I normally do but did not have them on hand this time ?.
They most always are cooked with some type of fat. Add the green beans, chicken stock, pepper and salt to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock reduces and darkens in color and the beans are. Admittingly, the color of Southern-Style Green Beans isn't nearly as appealing as that of fresh green beans. But cook green beans low and slow in a broth flavored with bacon, and you'll go back for seconds and thirds.