Bitter Melon Salad. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together the bitter melon slices, salad dressing, peanuts, and red pepper slices. Meanwhile wrap the tofu with paper towel on top of a large plate. Bitter Melon are popular in Philippines cuisine, where they are commonly known by their local name Ampalaya.
Bitter gourd fry (Sri Lankan karawila sambol) Bitter gourd fry (Sri Lankan karawila sambol). This bitter gourd (bitter melon)recipe is one of a kind unique vegetable salad you have to try. Many home cooks or someone learning to cook are reluctant to prepare bitter gourd because of the bitterness of the vegetable. You can have Bitter Melon Salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bitter Melon Salad
- Prepare 1 pc of bitter melon.
- Prepare Some of wolfberries.
- Prepare As needed of Grated ginger.
- Prepare As needed of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need As needed of Brown bean sauce.
Ampalaya (Bitter melon) Salad Ampalaya salad or bitter gourd salad is a very simple but a very healthy salad recipe specially for diabetics. Bitter gourd lowers blood sugar and have been a medicinal plant and food supplement for diabetics. When eaten raw, bitter gourd is not bitter so don't be afraid that the salad will taste awful. Ampalaya (Momordica charantia often called bitter melon, bitter gourd or bitter squash) is a tropical plant largely found in Asia, South America, East Africa and the Caribbean.
Bitter Melon Salad step by step
- Wash then cut the bitter melon. Remove all the seeds and slice it..
- In a deep bowl add salt and water. After you slice the bitter melon. Submerged in salt water for 15 mins. After 15 mins, squeezed and wash..
- In another bowl add the bitter melon and all the ingredients. Mix all well, then chill in the fridge until want to eat it.
Its fruit is used in both food preparation and alternative medicines. The juice, seeds and oil extract of the unripened fruit are thought to hold medicinal qualities due to the high concentration of vitamins, minerals. Ampalaya Salad or bitter gourd salad is a side dish composed of sliced bitter gourd, red onion, and tomato. This is best eaten with fried fish or other fried seafood dishes. Bitter melon is a sharp-tasting, funky looking fruit and a staple of many Asian cuisines.