Blackened pork shoulder. Rub raw pork in pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning (on both sides) Take a knife and cut small slits in pork. Chop up garlic clove and put pieces of garlic cloves into slits Coat pan in olive oil With a sharp knife, score the thick fat on the pork shoulder into a diamond pattern, but do not cut into the meat. Using gloved hands, press and massage a thick coating of the jerk sauce on the exterior of the pork so it is completely covered with a thick coat.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place pork chops in the hot oil and reduce heat to medium; season with salt. Place onto a wire rack sitting over a baking sheet covered in foil. You can cook Blackened pork shoulder using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackened pork shoulder
- It’s of Pork shoulder.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s of Garlic powder few shakes.
- It’s of Onion powder few shakes.
- You need of Broiling pan or cast iron pan.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of Garlic.
Dip the pork chops into the butter and then rub the spice mixture onto them. Place the chops into the hot skillet. Cook until blackened, then turn them over, cooking until done. Total cooking time will be about ten minutes depending on the thickness of the meat and the temperature of the skillet.
Blackened pork shoulder step by step
- Rub raw pork in pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning (on both sides).
- Take a knife and cut small slits in pork…. Chop up garlic clove and put pieces of garlic cloves into slits.
- Coat pan in olive oil.
- Put in oven at 300* for about 20 minutes per pound the one I have is about 4 pounds.
- Then move oven rack to 2nd from the top spot.. Turn oven on broil high… Take a brush or spoon and baste with pork juices, then place on rack for 15 to 20 minutes….. Flip pork and repeat baste, and place back on rack for 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!.
In Pork and Shiitake Mushroom Ragu, the pork is cut into chunks, and then slowly braised with herbs, tomatoes, and spices. How to Braise a Pork Shoulder. Braising is a method of slowly cooking food in a little liquid in a closed pot. It's ideal for cooking hard-working muscles, like shoulder, because the meat breaks down slowly, becoming meltingly tender. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven.