Short grain fried rice. Find Deals on Short Rice Grain in Beans & Grains on Amazon. If using a different rice, follow package instructions. The rice can also be made the day before and is actually better if cold and refrigerated!
One of the familiar problems of making fried rice is it tends to stick to the wok. Here are my tips for cooking the rice to prevent it from sticking to the wok/pan while frying. Break the chunk of rice to separate. You can have Short grain fried rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Short grain fried rice
- You need 1 cup of short grain rice.
- Prepare 2 of medium Carrots.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper.
- It’s of Spring onions.
- Prepare of Peas.
- Prepare of Blended scotch bonnet and onion.
- You need of Seasonings.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 of cooking spoon oil.
The Japanese short grain rice is stickier than other types of rice, so it's normal that rice is stick to each other, but should not be in huge chunks. Once the garlic oil is coated with the rice, add the soy sauce and toss the fried rice. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add onion and season with a pinch of salt.
Short grain fried rice step by step
- Put enough water in a pot and bring to a boil, in a bowl put rice, wash 3 times, add to the boiling water and parboil for 10 mins on medium heat.
- Dice your veggies, pre cook peas for 3 mins and add a little baking powder to help retain its green color.
- After parboiling strain using a colander and keeep to drain. In a pan, add oil on medium heat, add onion and garlic, add the blended paste, add seasonings and spice, then the veggies, stir fry then add the rice batches and mix until incorperated.
- Serve with fried meat and garnish as you wish.
Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Fried rice recipes typically call for Chinese-style medium-grain rice, though Thai-style versions use fragrant jasmine, and Japanese-style fried rice can even be made with short-grain sushi rice. I tried making fried rice with all of those, as well as with long-grain rice (standard Carolina and basmati rice) and parboiled rice (like Uncle Ben's). Rice is broadly divided into three categories based on grain length—long, medium, and short.