Japanese inspired salmon and soba frittata. Slice the salmon into small chunks and sear in the pan skin side down. Put the salmon filets in and turn to coat. Pour the sauce over the salmon.
In the meantime, heat a large pot of boiling water. For the Crispy Skin Salmon, place a medium, oven safe non-stick frypan over medium heat. Dry the salmon skin with paper towel and season the salmon on all sides with salt. You can have Japanese inspired salmon and soba frittata using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese inspired salmon and soba frittata
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets.
- You need 2 of red onions.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- It’s 250 g of tenderstem broccoli.
- You need 7 of eggs.
- You need 50 ml of dashi.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mirin.
- You need 3 bunches of soba noodles.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of seaweed.
- You need Handful of katsubushi flakes.
Place the salmon, skin side down, into the frypan. In a large bowl, combine re-hydrated mushroom, onions, nori, carrot, ginger and daikon. Add noodles and half of vinaigrette, and gently toss. Rub oil all over salmon and season both sides with pepper.
Japanese inspired salmon and soba frittata step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Chop the chilli, broccoli and onion.
- Boil the noodles as per packet instructions. Drain when ready..
- Fry the vegetables in a pan on a high heat in sesame oil.
- Slice the salmon into small chunks and sear in the pan skin side down. Flip after 2 mins and sear for another 2 mins.
- Meanwhile mix dashi, mirin and eggs. Season..
- Drain the noodles and freshen under cold water. Add to the pan with seaweed. Stir.
- Add the beaten egg and dashi / mirin mixture. Mix in..
- Leave on the stove for 2 mins then place in the oven for 5mins at 200c.
- Serve in the pan topped with katsuobushi ✌??.
Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high until very hot. Soba is the Japanese name for buckwheat. It usually refers to thin noodles made from buckwheat flour or a combination of. Season salmon with salt and set aside. Combine marinade ingredients, except lemon slices, in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.