Southwest-style chicken soup. Learn To Make Ancho Tortilla Soup W/ This Easy Recipe From McCormick®. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken Skillet Southwestern Chicken Soup This hearty soup is chockfull of chicken, corn, black beans and diced tomatoes seasoned with zippy southwestern flavor. Mexican cornbread makes a delicious accompaniment.
Directions In an electric pressure cooker combine diced chicken, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chilies, cumin, and chicken stock. Release pressure, season with salt to taste, and serve. Heat oil to medium in large soup pot. You can cook Southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwest-style chicken soup
- Prepare of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of large sweet onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need of chili powder.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- You need of cayenne powder.
- Prepare of chipotle powder.
- It’s of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of sweet corn kernels.
- It’s of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- You need of Avocado, sliced.
- It’s of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- You need of Tortillas, crisped.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices. Add all canned ingredients and bring to low boil. Transform Everyday Meals Into Savory Favorites With Inspiration From Knorr®! Discover Great Meals For the Family & Convert Any Side Dish To A Delicious Main!
Southwest-style chicken soup step by step
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken Skillet Southwestern Chicken Soup This hearty soup is chockfull of chicken, corn, black beans and diced tomatoes seasoned with zippy […] I have tried several different southwest style chicken soups. And this one is the best! Right before the soup is ready to be served, stir in a package of cream cheese. What more do you need to know. Cream cheese means it is going to be the best!!