Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts. Place water, peanuts, salt, Creole seasoning, and liquid crab boil in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and stir to combine. Add the Zatarain's, hot peppers, garlic, and salt. Add water until peanuts are covered & begin to rise slightly.
Put the peanuts into the insert pot of the Instant Pot along with some Creole seasoning, sea salt, and hot sauce. Pour in enough water to cover the peanuts well. Add the salt, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. You can cook Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts
- It’s 2 lbs of (green/raw) peanuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kosher sea salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of tony seasoning.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 (48 oz) of beef both or chicken.
Instructions Thoroughly wash raw peanuts under running water. Add peanuts to an empty pot. Add jalapenos, pickles, and olives to pot. Rinse the peanuts in cool water.
Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts instructions
- This is made for over the night, so start it when you go to bed..
- Add peanut and all ingredients, give it a good mix. Make sure the peanuts are covered with liquid and are floating, you can just add water if needed…. and don’t go over the fill line in the pot. You may have to use less peanuts depending on the pressure cooker or instant pot you are using..
- Cook on hi for 1 hr with a natural release, leave on for over night it will go in to keep warm..
- When checking on them they next day, see if they are done, every peanut is different from what I hear.. if they are not done, add 30 more mins on hi with a natural release….. (I added the 30, mins the next day, I checked them out gave them a good mix added some water if needed, and cooked for 30 or mins.).
- Notes- using chicken broth or beef, you will have a different flavor, I plan on trying them both and seeing what one I like better..
- Cheap way – use water not broth, I used water only, and half of the bottle of seasoning, and use table salt ?. (peanuts was 1.98 at Walmart, seasoning was 1.57 I think).
- This made me a little nervous ? on making them, I went to the website and seen their recipes they had one for boiled ones, this is why it’s cooked for overnight! And cooked an extra 30 minutes in the morning, I used a ninja foodie to make this in and it did stay on warm after the pressure released naturally and stayed on a over night, Iam unsure of other pressure cookers and instant pots….. before making please read on food safety if you never made raw peanuts/ boiled peanuts…..
Place them in the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Add enough water to just cover the peanuts. INSTANT POT METHOD: Place all ingredients in Instant Pot. Add just enough water to cover peanuts. Place a steamer basket or small plate on top of peanuts to keep them under water.