Garlic Bread Soup. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. What more convincing do you need than hearing the words "garlic" and "bread" in a soup recipe? It's essentially garlic bread heaven, turned into a creamy, velvety soup.
Turn the heat up and whisk in the bread and cream. With a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth. This creamy and delicious garlic bread soup tastes like garlic bread but in a bowl! You can cook Garlic Bread Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Bread Soup
- It’s of Garlic bread soup.
- Prepare 3 cups of day-old french bread, cubed.
- It’s 8 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan, grated.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Homemade croutons.
- Prepare 2 cups of french bread, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
It's seasoned with bay leaves, thyme, garlic, and thickened with blended cubes of French bread with cream and Parmesan cheese. Served with homemade croutons, but it is also a perfect pairing to dip grilled cheese into. In a medium saucepan over medium-low, combine the scallion whites, garlic and three tablespoons of the oil. Add one cup of the bread cubes and stir well.
Garlic Bread Soup instructions
- For the Homemade Croutons: Preheat oven to 175C. Mix the butter, garlic, basil and salt. Drizzle the mixture over the french bread, making sure that everything is covered. Place in a baking sheet in a single layer. Baked for 15 minutes until golden. Set aside..
- For the Garlic Bread Soup: Heat oil in a pot and saute onion, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper for 5 minutes or until onion have soften and slightly caramelized. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and add the french bread and heavy whipping cream. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.i.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth..
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and the homemade croutons on top..
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Take care the garlic does not burn. Add the bread, and turn it several times so that it absorbs the oil. Description No knead, easy, roasted garlic crusty soup bread is the best homemade bread! Crusty, crunchy exterior with a soft, chewy, sweet garlic laced interior.