Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake.
You can have Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake
- Prepare of Cream Cheese *cut into cubes.
- You need of Cream.
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- You need of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Corn Starch Flour.
- Prepare of Egg Whites.
- It’s of Caster Sugar.
- It’s of Melted Butter for greasing the cake tin*.
Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake step by step
- I used a 18cm Springform Cake Tin. 20cm Tin is also OK. *Note: Most Springform Cake Tins are not deep enough to bake ‘Soufflé Cheesecake’. Please read how to prepare the tin below..
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line the base and sides of a 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper. The baking paper on the sides need to be at least 12cm in height..
- You need to prepare the cake tin just like Soufflé dish. To help the cake to raise well, butter the baking paper on the sides. Add a small amount of Caster Sugar to coat the sides, shaking out any excess..
- Cover the bottom of the cake tin with foil so that water won’t get into the cake tin, and place the cake tin in a roasting pan..
- Place Cream Cheese, Cream and Milk in a large heat-proof bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minutes, mix with a whisk, heat for 1 minute again, then mix well until smooth. Cool slightly..
- Add 2 tablespoons Caster Sugar and Lemon Juice, mix to combine, then add Egg Yolks and mix well. Sift in Plain Flour and Corn Starch Flour, and combine well..
- In a separate bowl, beat Egg Whites, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Gradually add Caster Sugar beating well until thick and glossy and sugar is well dissolved. Fold in the egg white into the mixture and combine well..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through. If the top is getting too dark, cover with a sheet of foil..
- Turn off the oven. Leave cheesecake in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour to cool slowly. I recommend to let the cake cool in the tin. When it is cool (room temperature), take out from tin. Place in the fridge to chill for better texture..