Instapot rice pudding. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. In the Instant Pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk. Select Sauté function and bring contents to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar.
Rinse rice until water runs clear. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and stir well. You can cook Instapot rice pudding using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instapot rice pudding
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy whipping cream *divided*.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins (optional) do not soak them.
- You need 1-1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 3/4-1 cup of sugar: I suggest 3/4 if using raisins in recipe.
Remove lid of the Instant Pot®. Pour back into the Instant Pot® and add raisins, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Rice pudding is a delicious and easy to make dessert recipe! Make the best creamy, old fashioned rice pudding recipe quicker and easier using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Instapot rice pudding instructions
- Put salt, water and rice in your instapot. Cook on low pressure on the rice setting. When done left self depressurize and beging mixing ingredients while waiting..
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until thoroughly mixed. Set aside..
- Once depressurized open instapot, mix rice to make sure there are no clumps of rice..
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup of whipping cream, sugar, raisins and cinnamon powder. Mix together..
- Using a screen strainer pour the egg mixture through it into the instapot. It is important to strain it. If you do not you will have chunks of egg in your rice pudding. Throw out any goop left in the strainer..
- Turn on saute setting. You must constantly mix until mixture is boiling. It can stick to bottom of pot and burn. It also has to reach boiling to cook the egg properly..
- Once it reaches a boil remove pot and pour mixture into bowl to cool. It will continue to thicken. When serving add milk your portion to thin to desired consistancy..
- Substitutions: you can use milk or half and half in place of heavy whipping cream. When substituting for the rice you want to use a risotto rice, you can use standard white rice but it won't be starchy enough and the consistancy can be off..
This recipe for the best pressure cooker rice pudding is comfort food at its best. How to Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding – Step by Step: In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt. Instant Pot Rice Pudding With a bit of added vanilla while you're cooking, and almond extract is fabulous too you can personalize this Instant Pot dessert to your liking. Instant Pot Rice Pudding Step by Step Instructions: Begin by adding all of your ingredients into your Instant Pot. Mix well together to ensure that all of the ingredients, especially the rice, are well incorporated.