Sweet Potato and quinoa chili.
You can cook Sweet Potato and quinoa chili using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and quinoa chili
- You need of 15 ounce can of black beans drained.
- You need of 15 ounce can chickpeas drained.
- Prepare of can rotel (diced tomatoes works good too).
- Prepare of large sweet potato chopped into cubes.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of large onion chopped.
- You need of gloves minced garlic.
- Prepare of dry quinoa.
- You need of ground cumin.
- It’s of vegetable broth.
- It’s of chili powder.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of sour cream (topper).
- You need of cheese (topper).
- Prepare of cilantro (topper).
- Prepare of avocado (topper).
Sweet Potato and quinoa chili step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat..
- Add onion and saute, stirring frequently until onion begins to sweat, about 5 minutes..
- Add sweet potato and cook another 5 minutes..
- Add quinoa, beans, chickpeas and rotel and continue cooking for another 2 minutes stirring everything together..
- Pour in broth, chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir well..
- Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium low. Add minced garlic and cover pot..
- Allow chili to bubble gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until quinoa and sweet potato is cooked..
- Remove pot from heat and let it sit covered for 10 mins. This allows it to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve with whatever toppings you like and enjoy!.