Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa.
You can cook Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa
- You need of quinoa or rice.
- You need of minced meat.
- Prepare of zucchini/courgette.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of big clove of garlic.
- It’s of cooking cream (cow or soy).
- It’s of shredded cheese (use whatever cheese you like!).
Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa instructions
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (or 392°F)..
- Shred the onion and crush the garlic to a pulp..
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon. Cut the insides in small pieces!.
- Spread some olive oil on the outside off the zucchini halves..
- Put olive oil in a hot pan and add the minced meat..
- Add part of the garlic and season to taste. I seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and a spice mix containing (ground) paprika, coriander, curcuma, fenegriq, chilli powder, ginger, cumin, cardemom and fennel seeds..
- When half of the minced meat is ready, add the shredded onion and the rest of the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the zucchini insides, mix and cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the cooking cream and let it reduce..
- Reduce the heat and add half of the shredded cheese (I use a mix of gouda, emmental and rigatello).
- Stir and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture and add shredded cheese on top to get a nice crust!.
- Put it in the oven for 15 min at 180°C..
- Prepare the quinoa as described on the package. You can add chicken stock to the water to improve the taste!.
- Put everything on a plate and enjoy your meal! Cheers!.