french toast casserole. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved.
Since you assemble this baked French toast the previous night, you save time in the morning, and if you have an extra hungry crowd, it's easy to bake up a few batches. For the French toast: Grease the baking pan with butter. Tear the bread into chunks, or cut into cubes, and evenly distribute in the pan. You can have french toast casserole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of french toast casserole
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- You need 12 slice of texas toast bread.
- It’s 1 stick of butter melted (1/2 cup).
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecan (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of pancake or maple syrup.
Crack the eggs in a big bowl. Put half of the cubed bread into the bottom of the prepared pan. With this French toast casserole, you skip the hassle of standing by the stove and pan-frying each individual slice of French toast. Instead, you just throw everything into a dish and let the oven do the work!
french toast casserole instructions
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Dip your finger tips (clean hands!) or a brush and butter a 9×13 dish..
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts to the melted butter and set aside..
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together and mix in the brown sugar mix. Layer bottom of pan with half the bread pieces Sprinkle half of the brown sugar and egg mix over the bread..
- Layer second half of bread. Pour egg mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- In the morning, remove from the refrigerator and cover with a new piece of foil. Preheat oven to 350 bake the casserole for 30 minutes..
- Uncover and bake 15 more minutes the French toast bake should be browned and set..
- Pour a bit of pancake or maple syrup on top and place back in the oven to caramelize for about 5-7 minutes..
You can even assemble the casserole the night before and bake it the next morning. In small bowl, mix butter and brown sugar. French Toast Casserole is perfect for prepping the night before and popping in the oven for a weekend or holiday brunch! An overnight French toast bake with cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup and crispy cinnamon sugar topping. Tear the bread into chunks, or cut into cubes, and evenly distribute in the pan.