Creamy Tomato Soup. Check Out Cream Of Tomato Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Great Tasting Soup Recipes for All to Enjoy.
When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low. Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer gently. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. You can have Creamy Tomato Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Soup
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil Divided.
- You need 1 Can (32 oz.) of Whole San Marzano Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6-8 of (@1.5 lbs) Ripe Fresh Tomatoes (I used Romas).
- You need 1 of Large Onion Divided.
- It’s 4-6 Cloves of Garlic Divided.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves (or 1-2 tsp Dried).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar or Coconut Sugar (Can omit if Tomatoes are Sweet).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme Leaves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s of Salt (To Taste).
- Prepare of Black Pepper (To Taste).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Butter (Optional) (For Flavor, Richness, Creaminess).
- You need 1/2-1 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan (Optional).
- You need 2-3 tsp of Concentrated Tomato Paste (Optional).
In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onions in butter until translucent. Stir in the flour so that no lumps remain, then slowly whisk in the tomato juice. Return to the heat and add salt to taste. This comforting, creamy tomato soup relies on pantry staples, such as canned whole tomatoes, garlic, onion, and extra-virgin olive oil.
Creamy Tomato Soup step by step
- Preheat Oven to 425°.
- Mix Fresh Roma Tomatoes (Halved Lengthwise), half of the Onion (1/2" Slices), 2 Cloves of Garlic (Whole or Halved), 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Salt and Pepper on a baking sheet. Roast, in one even layer, for about 25 Minutes or until they develop color..
- In a large soup pot, add the other 2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Add the other half of the Onion (Diced), the Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes, and a little salt, cook over Med Heat until soft and a golden color develops. Add other 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced), cook another 1 – 2 Minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add the Canned San Marzano Tomatoes and Chicken Broth. Turn up heat to Med High, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Medium again, and simmer for about 20 Minutes. Tomatoes should be soft enough to start breaking down with fork. Add Basil, Sugar, and roasted Tomato/Garlic/Onions, simmer for another 5 – 10 Minutes. I like to squish the roasted garlic into a paste before I add it in. Remove Basil (If fresh), and season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Turn off heat..
- Using a heat safe regular blender or an emersion blender, puree soup until smooth, then sift through a strainer. Add strained soup back to soup pot, and turn heat to Med. Simmer for a few minutes, then add the Heavy Whipping Cream. Add Parmesan, Butter, and Tomato Paste, if using. Taste for seasoning. Stir and serve..
Freshly made brown butter croutons add contrasting crunch and. Creamy Tomato Soup This is so much better than the off-the-shelf creamed tomato soup that you'll never want to go back to that old childhood staple again! The complex flavor and creamy yet very slightly grainy texture make this soup particularly enticing. How to make the Best Creamy Tomato Soup: Puree two cans of whole peeled tomatoes in a food processor or blender. You could also use crushed tomatoes and skip this step.