Mamaw's Orange Soup. Great recipe for Mamaw's Orange Soup. Don't forget to buy some Romano cheese, small pasta and some good hard bread to dip in the soup! You maybe able to add water without loosing any flavor to have more soup when you reheat it.
Add tomato juice; let mixture come to a boil. Some of my favorite recipe to share with you. Please click on about for more details. You can have Mamaw's Orange Soup using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mamaw's Orange Soup
- You need 2 lbs of chuck roast (cut in 4" chucks).
- It’s 2-28 oz of cans of whole tomatoes.
- It’s 16.9 oz of container of beef bone broth.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Romano shredded cheese.
Our newest line of home decor by Cross & Anvil is ON SALE!. Cross & Anvil is the brainchild of self-taught blade smith and blacksmith Duane Bennett of Stewart County, Tennessee. He has graciously provided Mamaw's Cottage with a beautiful line of hand forged metalwork for home decor. Here are our favorite recipes for Greens, Black-Eyed Peas, Cornbread, Hoppin' John, and Pot Likker Soup.
Mamaw's Orange Soup step by step
- Brown the chuck roast chunks in large pot with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add two 28 oz cans whole tomatoes, cutting the tomatoes with a knife while still in the can..
- Add bone broth.
- Add 2 stalks of celery cut in half and add some leaves, and 1 large onion quartered.
- Bring to boil, then cover and turn down to a little higher then a simmer, so that you see the liquid move a little.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Press the tomatoes against the side of the pan….slowly as they will squirt).
- Taste, add salt and pepper and additional water as needed. Be careful not to water down the broth.
- Cook until meat is tender, (about an hour) Stir 2-3 times while it cooks..
- Remove beef and set aside. Take out onions and celery and any pieces of tomatoes left and squeeze them against the side of a strainer, then discard..
- Clean and shred meat and store in a separate container. Add a little bit of broth to keep the beef moist..
- If you have an extra day, place the pot in fridge over night and skim the hardened fat off the top the next day..
- Cook your choice of pasta in the complete soup broth.
- Add shredded beef.
- Serve with grated romano cheese.
- Eat with buttered crusty bread. Use leftover beef to make sandwiches!.
According to Southern traditions, you will have good luck for the entire year if you have the traditional New Year's Day supper. That means a meal of greens, hoppin' John, black-eyed peas, cornbread, and pot likker soup. Return blended soup to stockpot over medium heat. Stir in the evaporated milk and orange juice. Stir cooked chicken cubes, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup together in the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper.