Just Mix In A Plastic Bag (Okara Okonomiyaki). Great recipe for Just Mix In A Plastic Bag (Okara Okonomiyaki). This is an economical okara recipe. I used a lot of okara to make it. -It's also delicious with vegetables.
Today, we're going to make a special dish, just mix in a plastic bag (okara okonomiyaki). This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. Savory Japanese pancake made of batter and cabbage topped with okonomi sauce, mayo. You can cook Just Mix In A Plastic Bag (Okara Okonomiyaki) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Just Mix In A Plastic Bag (Okara Okonomiyaki)
- It’s 200 of to 300 grams Fresh okara.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 tsp of Bonito dashi stock.
- It’s 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
Okara Okonomiyaki This is a Japanese savoury pancake. Okonomi means 'as you like', so you can put on whatever toppings you want. Pork and seafood are very popular toppings, or you could add corn, cheese or tofu—just use this recipe as a base. These pancakes normally use flour and egg but I have created this egg and gluten-free version—the texture is surprisingly similar.
Just Mix In A Plastic Bag (Okara Okonomiyaki) step by step
- Combine the okara, katakuriko, bonito dashi stock and eggs in a plastic bag, and knead the contents over the bag..
- When everything is mixed together, form the batter into a ball. Then divide the dough into desired portions..
- Heat a frying pan, fry the dough over medium heat until both sides are brown and crispy. If you use a non-stick frying pan, you don't need oil..
- Serve on a plate, and it's done..
- This time, I added sakura shrimp and chopped green onions into half of the dough and fried. The plastic bag might poke holes with the shrimp, so knead the dough gently..
- Heat the frying pan, and fry both sides until browned, and it's done..
- The one with sakura shrimp and green onions was delicious too. I added a handful of sakura shrimp and chopped green onions each..
Hi, Mochi もち looks like bars of soap! It will be in the dry food Japanese section. Sometimes the individual blocks are also individually sealed, this is better as you can store the whole package in the refrigerator for months. You can find a bag of Onkonomiyaki Flour (Mix) at Japanese/Asian grocery stores. Just like pancake mix, all you need to do is to add the egg (s) and water to the flour and you can make okonomiyaki batter instantly!