Easiest Tri-tip Roast. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Place tri-tip in a baking pan. Season generously with the spice rub until both sides are completely covered.
Easiest Tri-tip Roast Amanda Lockwood Southern California. This is such an easy and yummy recipe for when you have company or to serve your family and make sandwiches from the leftovers! How Long Do You Cook a Tri-Tip Roast in the Oven? You can have Easiest Tri-tip Roast using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easiest Tri-tip Roast
- It’s of Tri-tip Roast.
- Prepare of Each of garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
- You need of Cooking spray (olive oil spray is best if you have it).
Carve the tri-tip fairly thinly (at most one-fourth-inch thick), against the grain and with the knife held at an angle to give wide slices. Spoon the carving juices over the meat. The traditional way to make tri-tip is to grill it over hot coals. Santa Maria tri-tip, as it's known, is a simple grilling preparation that involves little more than a spice rub and a very hot grill, which creates the essential charred crust.
Easiest Tri-tip Roast step by step
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Using a baking dish with a rack, lay roast on rack and spray with cooking oil (If there is a thick layer of fat on your roast, use a knife to cut a small portion down first).
- Sprinkle each of the seasonings on the roast, or mix into a bowl and dust them on all at once. Do one side at a time, then spray a little more oil onto the roast and run the mixture in before flipping it over and repeating on the other side..
- Bake fat side up for 30-40 minutes depending on how well done you like your cut of meat..
- Cover with foil and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving..
For best results, flip the tri-tip every few minutes, and you'll end up with a perfectly blackened crust. Combine olive oil and spices, and let roast sit at room temperature while oven heats. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Oven-roasted tri-tip is the best way to cook tri-tip in colder months when you can stay cozy and enjoy the mouthwatering aromas indoors. It should be a large shallow pan with a rack inside.