Hot And Sour Soup. Find Deals on Chinese Hot And Sour Soup in Groceries on Amazon. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and stir until smooth. Hot and sour soup has always been a comfort food of sorts growing up.
I recommend adding in a pinch, and then you can always add in more later. Or if you don't have white pepper, black pepper will also do. Hot and Sour Soup Hot and sour soup is a classic Chinese dish that can be made and enjoyed at home. You can cook Hot And Sour Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot And Sour Soup
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of ) Salt To taste.
- You need of ) Chinese Salt 1/2 tbsp.
- You need of ) White Pepper Powder 1 tbsp.
- You need of ) Food Colour (Red or Orange) 1 pinch.
- Prepare of ) Chicken Boneless(shredded) 200 gm.
- You need of ) Cabbage 40-50 gm.
- It’s of ) Carrot 40-50 gm.
- It’s of ) Tomato Ketchup 1 cup.
- You need of ) Lemon Juice 1 large.
- Prepare of ) Cornflour 1/2 cup.
- It’s of ) Eggs 3.
- It’s of ) Chicken Powder 2 tsp.
- It’s of ) Chilli Sauce 15 ml.
- You need of ) Prawns 100 gm.
Due to modern-day culinary liberties taken at restaurants, sometimes it's best to follow a traditional recipe from the luxury of your own kitchen. Add mushrooms, chicken, soy sauce, chile paste, and garlic. Add tofu, bamboo shoots, vinegar, and white pepper. You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup!
Hot And Sour Soup step by step
- Boil 2 & 1/2 cups of water..
- Now add chicken powder and mix well..
- Then add sauce, spices, sugar, chicken and prawns and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Now add ketchup and vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and add in the soup, stirring slowly and continuously.
- Now mix cornflour in al little water, avoiding lupm formation, also add food colour in it and slowly mix in the soup..
- Add lemon juice in the end and cook for 10 minutes and serve..
Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and Sour soup is a Chinese soup that's savoury, spicy and tangy. The broth is thickened and it's filled with mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and silky egg ribbons.