Chicken Breast and Tofu Teriyaki. Try using tofu instead of breadcrumbs in your meatballs for a juicier result. A very simple recipe from my book, The Zen Kitchen. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going As for chicken breasts, it's worth mentioning that teriyaki chicken is not traditionally made with white meat.
Tofu doesn't have "skin" so to make it crispy, you will need thinly coated potato starch. Teriyaki tofu is the ultimate tofu dish made with tofu cut into cubes, dredged in cornstarch, and then fried in a pan for maximum crispiness. For all you tofu novices and tofu lovers alike, I give you this Teriyaki Tofu recipe. You can have Chicken Breast and Tofu Teriyaki using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast and Tofu Teriyaki
- You need 1 of breast Chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 block of Silken tofu (firm tofu is fine too).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★ Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of of each Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of White flour.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
It's simple to make, and involves firm tofu—those white blocks that you can find. Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish. Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening. Here is a great Korean Teriyaki recipe that is made with maple syrup instead of sugar.
Chicken Breast and Tofu Teriyaki step by step
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces, boil and drain in a sieve..
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces also, season with salt and pepper and massage in the seasonings. If you are watching your calories, take the skin off..
- Coat the chicken from Step 2 with flour. It's easier if you put it in a plastic bag and shake it about..
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a frying pan. Pan fry the chicken until browned on both sides, and take it out..
- Put the tofu in the frying pan and pan fry briefly. Add the ingredients marked ★ – sake, soy sauce, mirin, sugar – and bring to a boil..
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat with the sauce, and it's done! Don't overcook the chicken or it will get tough!.
For a vegetarian version, use Chinese extra firm tofu. Teriyaki tofu is a healthy, flavorful dish that the whole family will love! Great for a quick meal but impressive enough for a dinner party! Extra Crispy Teriyaki Tofu: You can use my recipe for crispy fried tofu and then pour the teriyaki sauce over top of it. This tofu is deep-fried in a light corn starch.