Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy). Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy). The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft Use scallop or shrimps in place of meat for the seafood version, make a chicken hot and sour soup or omit the meat if you prefer it to be vegetarian.
If you wish to add them, then remember to mix in some julienne ginger. Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy) step by step. Soften the black fungus and shiitake mushrooms with hot water. You can have Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy)
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Bit of shredded black fungus.
- You need of Shiitake mushroom.
- It’s of ⁄4 Block Tofu.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of White vinegar.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Corn starch.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Chili pepper.
Black fungus, mushrooms cut into strips. If you order hot and sour soup at a restaurant, it will often be made with meat stock and may contain shredded or minced pork or chicken. Vegan vegetable broth or stock is a great substitution and the soup has plenty of flavor without meat. If you want to boost the protein or simply make the soup more hearty, add in some fried tofu or seitan.
Hot and sour soup (No meat & Easy) instructions
- Soften the black fungus and shiitake mushrooms with hot water..
- Shred tofu, carrot. Black fungus, mushrooms cut into strips..
- Mix white pepper and vinegar. Mix corn starch and water. Stir the eggs evenly..
- Boil carrots, shiitake, black fungus, and tofu..
- Add salt and soy sauce..
- Mix in the egg and stir slowly..
- Add chili pepper..
- Add corn starch water, stir quickly and bring to boil..
- A. Important: Add the white pepper and vinegar to the soup right before serving. (These two will become tasteless if cook for too long.).
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. The soup calls for four types of mushrooms: Enoki, king oyster, shiitake and dried wood ear mushrooms are chopped into thin slices and combined with other vegetables like tomatoes, carrots and red. In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil until no longer pink; remove meat and keep warm. Add the broth, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and pepper to the pan. Return the meat and mushrooms to the pan.