Delicious! Goya Chanpuru (Bitter Melon Stir-Fry). Easy to make and delicious, Goya Champuru is Okinawa's most iconic dish. Even if you've never liked bitter melon, try this out. Click to rate this recipe: Try an Okinawan summer favourite with this colourful goya chanpuru bitter melon stir fry.
Okinawa's most iconic Goya Champuru is a stir fry dish with bitter melon, tofu, egg, and pork belly. This popular savory dish makes a healthy, well-balanced As you can probably guess, bitter melon is famous for its bitterness, but it is remarkably nutritious. About bitter gourd or bitter melon, called nigauri in Japanese and goya or go-ya- in Okinawan. You can cook Delicious! Goya Chanpuru (Bitter Melon Stir-Fry) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious! Goya Chanpuru (Bitter Melon Stir-Fry)
- Prepare 1 of about 20 to 25 cm long Bitter melon.
- You need 150 grams of Pork.
- It’s 200 grams of Firm tofu.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of packet Bonito flakes.
- Prepare of ★Seasonings:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper.
Plus, a recipe for the most homey of Okinawan dishes My latest Japan Times Japanese Kitchen column is about bitter gourd or bitter melon, which is a major part of Okinawan cuisine along with tofu, pork. Goya = bitter melon Champuru = means "something mixed," aka stir fry. More specifically, it's a bitter melon stir fry with pork, tofu, and eggs. You can replace the pork with other meats like chicken or Spam (a If you cook them all together at once, you'd end up with something much less delicious.
Delicious! Goya Chanpuru (Bitter Melon Stir-Fry) step by step
- Slice the bitter melon, rub with salt, and soak in salted water for at least 10 minutes. This reduces the bitterness..
- Wrap the cut tofu in 3 to 4 layers of paper towels. Microwave for about 1 minute at 600 W to get rid of the water..
- Season the pork with salt and pepper, and coat in flour. The meat will be tender that way..
- Put olive oil in a pan and saute the tofu. When the cubes are browned, remove from the pan..
- Add sesame oil to the pan and stir fry the pork, then add the bitter melon and continue stir frying..
- Put the tofu back in, and add the combined ★ ingredients..
- Swirl in the beaten egg, add the bonito flakes, mix everything together, and it's done..
- Transfer to a serving plate..
Reviews for: Photos of Goya Champuru (Bitter Melon Stir Fry). You saved Goya Champuru (Bitter Melon Stir Fry) to your Favorites. Goya chanpuru (ゴーヤ チャンプルー) is stir-fried bitter melon with eggs and is a popular Japanese summer dish originates from Okinawa prefecture That's why people in Japan want to eat nutritious foods to maintain their health during hot days. You can eat delicious goya champuru to stay healthy. Among the broad group of Japanese chanpuru dishes, goya chanpuru is the most traditional version prepared with stir-fried bitter melon, eggs, pork, and tofu.