Hiroshima Okonomiyaki. Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake with cabbage, bean sprout, noodles, sliced pork belly, and a fried egg Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki (広島風お好み焼き) is a type of. I lived in Japan for several years and frequently ate Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki, so finding this awesome recipe has been amazing!! Hiroshima Okonomiyaki is a layered savoury pancake.
But the Hiroshima region holds a distinctive claim to fame: it has more okonomiyaki restaurants per capita. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen ) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon (flour-based Japanese cuisine). Hiroshima okonomiyaki is made with flour, cabbage, and egg, plus yakisoba noodles for extra Try out a different version of a Japanese favourite with this easy Hiroshima okonomiyaki recipe. You can cook Hiroshima Okonomiyaki using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hiroshima Okonomiyaki
- Prepare of Flour or Okonomiyaki flour.
- Prepare of Mirin.
- You need of Cold water.
- You need of small head of cabbage, rinsed.
- It’s of Bean sprouts, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of green onions, thinly and diagonally sluced.
- You need of pork belly, thinly sliced.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- Prepare of Kewpie mayonnaise.
- Prepare of yakisoba (3/pkg).
- It’s of Oil.
The recipe for Hiroshima style okonomiyaki (savory pancake) differs slightly from those made in Tokyo and Kansai regions. Hiroshima okonomiyaki is layered versus scrambled. If you're talking about okonomiyaki then it has to be in Osaka or Hiroshima. · Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake with cabbage, bean sprout, noodles, sliced pork belly and a fried egg, topped with savory sauce and Japanese mayo. A look at the Hiroshima okonomiyaki, described as Japanese soul food it's one of the best things you can eat in Japan.
Hiroshima Okonomiyaki instructions
- Mix mirin and water in measuring cup..
- Add to flour and mix with a whisk until smooth in small bowl. Refrigerate at least an hour, no longer..
- In the meantime, thinly slice cabbage and put aside. Slice green onions and put aside..
- Heat large nonstick pan (use nonstick griddle or electric frying pan if you have one)..
- Take out flour mixture from refrigerator and stir. Using ladle, scoop out about 1/2 c. and pour into heated pan swirling around into a circle like a pancake. No need to make it thick. It will “fluff” up otherwise it will be too thick..
- Pile up 1/2 of each – cabbage, bean sprouts, and green onions. It will cook down. Don’t press down..
- Place 1/2 lb. pork belly slices across the pile..
- Smear about 1 tbsp. on top. With 2 large spatulas, flip it over and let it cook. Need pork belly to cook. No smashing down..
- Meanwhile, using a frying pan (or side of the griddle) put in 1-1/2 pkg. yakisoba separating it. Put oil on it and help oil distribute through the noodles..
- Add 1 tbsp. Okonomiyaki sauce to the noodles and stir it in. Let noodles cook until slightly browned and flip over..
- Go back to the pancake and transfer it over on the fried noodles..
- Where the space you were cooking the pancake, break one egg and fry it breaking the yolk and mix around..
- Don’t overcook the egg..
- Carefully transfer the pancake onto the egg. Let cook for 1 minute..
- Using 2 spatulas, flip the entire pancake onto a plate.
- Using Okonomiyaki sauce and Kewpie mayonnaise, squirt it in zig zag fashion separately..
- Serve hot. Then make second pancake..
I would remember well the Hiroshima okonomiyaki after visiting the city. Hiroshima Okonomiyaki with yakisoba noodles is distinguished by its thin crepe-like batter and thick layers of toppings. [recipe]. Hiroshima style okonomiyaki is put together differently and also has different ingredients. What I like about Hiroshima style okonomiyaki are all the delicious layers of flavor. It has many interesting texture and much more delicious than.