Nigerian Iru Jollof #fb2k. Looking for Nigerian Jollof rice recipe? Yes Eight! ( From classic Jollof rice, to the party Jollof rice all the way down to my favourite healthier lower-calorie Jollof rice). Alright, let's get started right away, we have a lot of cooking to do.
The Nigerian Palm Oil Rice goes by many names: local jollof rice, oil rice or concoction rice. This delicious meal is prepared using cauliflower for a lower carb count but does not sacrifice on taste. Par boil rice and boil pepper mixture (combination of tomato, pepper, and onion) till it is almost dry. You can have Nigerian Iru Jollof #fb2k using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Iru Jollof #fb2k
- It’s 3 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of white beans.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Iru (locust beans).
- You need 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- You need 8 of habanero Pepper.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 5 of stock cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Crayfish blended.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s 3 of plantain chopped for garnishing.
- You need 2 of kpanla fish washed and deboned.
Add roughly blended tomato mix, add crayfish, chopped ponmo, smoked catfish (in pieces) and smoked prawns, seasoning cube and salt. The Nigerian native jollof, traditionally known by Efik people as "iwuk edesi" originated from the Southern part of Nigeria. We can make a bold claim that this scrumptious dish it is a traditional Nigerian dish. Nigerian Concoction Rice is a very traditional Nigerian rice recipe prepared with ingredients we don't normally use in preparing the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice.
Nigerian Iru Jollof #fb2k step by step
- Pick, wash and parboil beans, when it's half done wash rice and add allow to parboil. Wash and set aside..
- Blend pepper, onion and Crayfish. Wash and debone fish..
- Preheat palm oil in a pot, add pepper, iru and onion stir fry for few seconds and add fish. Add some water, stock cubes, salt, Crayfish cover the pot and allow to boil..
- Pour the rice and beans mixture, stir gently and allow to cook till it's done and water is dry..
- Peel and chop plantain into desired shape..
- Deep fry in a preheated oil and serve along with your rice and beans..
How to Cook Nigerian Concoction Rice [Video] This meal is as traditional as it gets so if you know any Nigerian ingredient that is regarded are traditional, feel free to add it to. Nigerian jollof rice and other joys at Mid-City's Aduke African Cuisine. She builds a mantle of flavors with tomato, garlic, ginger and iru, an umami blast of fermented locust beans. Our hugely popular party jollof rice is basmati rice cooked in peppers, tomatoes, herbs and spices. Perfect for hosting guest from any ethnicity.