Spicy Chicken Teriyaki. Make the chicken teriyaki: In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, sugars, garlic, ginger, black pepper, and cayenne and whisk until combined. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour over half. Top on chicken wings, fish, vegetarian wraps or use in a salad dressing!
This spicy teriyaki chicken dish is super-easy and quick to make, and is delicious as a mid-week meal, served with rice, noodles and or a vegetable stir fry dish, such as my crunchy green bean, mange tout and garlic stir fry. Place soy sauce, water, garlic paste, sugar, ginger, mirin (optional), sweet chili sauce, garlic chili sauce (optional) in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. You can cook Spicy Chicken Teriyaki using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Chicken Teriyaki
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of ginger, thinly julienned.
- You need of boneless chicken meat, diced.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- Prepare of salt or to taste.
- Prepare of bell peppers (I used 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 green bell pepper, 1/2 orange bell pepper, and 1/2 yellow bell pepper), diced.
- Prepare of green onions, cut 1/2 inch toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s of mirin.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of sake/white cooking wine.
- You need of gochujang (Korean red chili paste).
- Prepare of soy sauce.
Place chicken thighs in sauce and marinate for thirty minutes to one hour. This Spicy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki is super fast to make. It leaves the chicken with a touch of heat, and a ton of great teriyaki flavor. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
Spicy Chicken Teriyaki step by step
- In a big bowl, add chicken, salt, and corn starch. Mix well. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Set aside..
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sauté ginger until fragrant..
- Add chicken. Stir until the chicken change color..
- Add bell peppers. Cook until you can smell the fragrant of the bell peppers..
- Add sauce ingredients. Keep on stirring until the chicken and the bell peppers coated evenly with the sauce. Remove from the heat..
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seed on top..
- Serve hot over steam white rice. Yum! ?.
This American-style chicken teriyaki is a little. Place chicken in a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag. Add soy sauce mixture, seal bag, and turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate for at least an hour, ideally overnight. Pour mixture into a small saucepan.