Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake. Creamy chocolate mousse with chunks of cheesecake, caramel, toffee, pecans and almonds on a chocolate crust. My husband made Paula Dean's Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake recipe for me on my birthday and he documented the whole process with pictures so that I could share with all of you how he did it. Now that you've seen the end result watch the Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake Recipe in photos all.
Tips: If you don't like sugar free chocolate chips then just use regular ones! Keeping it in the fridge overnight will net you the best results! Top it with whatever you want before the oven! You can cook Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake
- It’s 1 of Ingredients crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of crushed graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter,melted.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate layer.
- You need 6 oz of 1 ounce squares semisweet chocolate.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of Cheesecake layer.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caramel syrup.
- It’s 1 packages of 16 1/2 ounce refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
- It’s 2 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese,softned.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 of Chocolate Ganache:.
- It’s 6 of 1 ounce squares semisweet chocolate.
- You need 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and flour until just combined. For the cheesecake layer: Spread the caramel topping evenly over the cooled chocolate layer. Place the slices in an even layer over the caramel, pressing gently together to seal the edges. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until creamy.
Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake step by step
- preheat oven to 300°F..
- for the crust: in a medium bowl,combine cracker crumbs and sugar.add melted butter stiring to combine.
- press the crust into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 6 minutes,let cool.
- for the chocolate layer: using double boiler,melt the chocolate and butter,(or microwave on high in 30 second intervals,stiring after each,until chocolate is melted and smooth,about 1 1/2 minutes total).
- whisk in the sugar,eggs,and flour until just combined. pour into the bottom of the cooled crust and bake for 15 minutes, let cool.
- for the cheesecake layer: spread the caramel topping evenly over the cooled chocolate layer..
- cut the cookie dough crosswise into 1 inch slices. place the slices in an even layer over the caramel,pressing gently together to seal edges..
- in a large bowl,beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy..
- beat the eggs,1 at a time,beating well after each addition..
- beat in the vanilla and flour until just combined..
- stir in the sour cream.pour the mixture over the cookie dough layer and bake for 1 hour..
- remove from.the oven and gently run a knife around the edges to release the crust from the sides of the pan..
- let cool completly..
- for the ganache: using a double boiler,combine the chocolate and cream and melt ( or microwave on high in 30 second intervals,stiring. after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth,about 1 minute total)..
- spread over the cooled cheesecake..
Turn the worlds favorite cookie into an incredible cheesecake! This delicious creamy cheesecake has a cookie crust with swirls of Oreo cookies, covered with a hot fudge topping, a chocolate whipped cream border and more Oreo cookies. Beyond delicious and so easy to make! Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake recipe by Rodger Campbell, is from The Campbell Family Cookbook Project, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook.