Really Simple! Quick and Easy Natto Okonomiyaki. Great recipe for Easy and Cheap Okonomiyaki-style Natto Omlette. There wasn't much food in the fridge so I made this. No hints, really – it's so easy.
Heat a frypan over a low to medium heat and add a splash of oil for frying. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, panko, scallions and salt. Gently blend in the eggs. (Notice: the mix will be quite loose and cabbagey, not like a flour pancake batter. You can cook Really Simple! Quick and Easy Natto Okonomiyaki using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Really Simple! Quick and Easy Natto Okonomiyaki
- Prepare 100 grams of Cabbage (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 1 of pack Natto (fermented soy beans).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
Cook on a medium heat until the underside is golden and cooked through and it has set enough to turn. Slide it onto a plate, uncooked-side up, then add the strips of bacon to the top. Put the frying pan over the plate and use the plate to turn the pancake, uncooked-side down, back into the pan. Heat a flat griddle or crepe pan to medium.
Really Simple! Quick and Easy Natto Okonomiyaki instructions
- Put eggs, flour, natto and its accompanying dressing/mustard packet contents in a bowl. Don't mix it yet..
- While heating a pan, add finely chopped cabbage to the bowl, and mix it up into a ball..
- Pour the mixture into the heated pan, and top with bonito flakes and tempura crumbs to taste..
- Flip over, press down with a spatula to shape, and cook on both sides..
- After cooking, top with as much Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and aonori as you like, and enjoy..
Add the olive oil to the pan. Pour the Okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the center of the pan. To make the okonomiyaki batter, whisk together the eggs, flour, salt, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil until smooth. Fold the spring onions and cabbage into the batter until everything is well. It is extremely simple to prepare: you mix Natto with soy sauce or Mentsuyu and stir vigorously until forming sticky goo around the beans.