Gujjus snack Khandvi. Khandvi – A High Protein Gujarati Snack. Made with besan and curd as the main ingredients, Khandvi is true treat for your health. Khandvi recipe – a popular snack from gujarat.
It has hint of sour taste which comes from sour yogurt. It is a mouth watering traditional Gujarati snack prepared with gram flour and buttermilk and seasoned with sautéed sesame seeds and few other spices. It's not only easy to make but healthy as well because it just involves steaming gram flour and buttermilk and does not require any other complex cooking techniques. You can have Gujjus snack Khandvi using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gujjus snack Khandvi
- You need 1 Cup of besan.
- Prepare 2 Cup of chaas.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Green chillies and ginger paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s of For tempring.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seeda.
- It’s Pinch of asfotida.
- You need of For garnishing.
- Prepare As needed of Coriander leaves chopped.
Khandvi is a guilt free Gujarati snack and low-calorie snack that you can make it very quickly. This is very Simple khandvi recipe made with curd. khandvi is खांडवी in Hindi. Gujrati Besan Roll Snack Khandvi is a a Gujarati Snack Roll made of Chickpea Flour (Besan) and Buttermilk. It is really easy to make, The super smooth rolls are filled with savory or sweet coconut filling and seasoned lightly.
Gujjus snack Khandvi step by step
- Firstly, in a small vessel take sieved besan. also add ginger-chili paste, turmeric and salt to taste. mix well, and add 2 cups of buttermilk..
- Mix well with a whisk forming a smooth flowing consistency..
- Now take a kadai and cook the mixture till a thick consistency..
- Now take a spatula of besan paste and spread immediately over the plate. allow it to cool for 10 minutes..
- Now, cut into 2 inch size. and roll tight making and roll tight making sure there are no cracks forming on khandvi..
- Furthermore, garnish the khanvi with more coconut and coriander leaves..
- Also prepare the tempering, by heating oil add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, dried red chili, curry leaves and hing..
- Once the tempering splutter, pour it over the khandvi. finally, gujarati khandvi is ready to serve with hot chai..
I love how smooth and soft the rolls are. A traditional Gujarati snack dish recipe made from gram flour (besan). I am sharing a delicious snack dish recipe known as Khandvi today. Khandvi is made from besan (gram flour) cooked with some curd and seasoning. The soft and silky texture might scare you at first.