Ogbono Soup with Samvita. Ogbono soup can be cooked in two ways; with vegetable or without, People like to add ugwu leaf also known as pumpkin leaf, some also add bitterleaf to it. Details Title: Semovita and Ogbono Soup Ogbono soup has a similar slippery feel and it gets its brownish colour as a result of being cooked with palm oil. Preparation – Boil beef and assorted meat and set aside.
Ogbono Soup also known as Draw Soup makes eating Fufu Recipes so easy because of its slimy nature which helps the lumps of fufu slide down. If your kids do not like Okra Soup because of the chunks of Okra, then try Ogbono Soup, they will surely love it. These are the ingredients I used to cook the big pot of Ogbono Soup in the video below. You can cook Ogbono Soup with Samvita using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ogbono Soup with Samvita
- Prepare 2 cups of Ogbono.
- It’s of Beef.
- You need of Fish.
- You need of Stock fish.
- It’s of Dried fish.
- You need of Ponmo.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Cow leg.
- You need of Dried pepper.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare leaf of Ugu.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Samvita flour.
Ogbono Soup Ogbono soup is a delectable Nigerian concoction soup and it's super easy to prepare. It's a thick and hearty stew made with Ogbono seeds (wild mango seeds) loaded with meats and fish simmered in a light delicious broth. Babies and toddlers are introduced to solids with Ogbono, the sliminess helps them swallow with ease. Loads of people eat Ogbono soup with rice and I remember posting a photo of Ogbono on Instagram and was advised to try it with pasta.
Ogbono Soup with Samvita step by step
- Wash your protein very well, put in a pot, marinate for 30minutes. Add water and cook, till all the proteins are soft..
- Blend your ogbono seed with crayfish n dried pepper to powder, heat your palm oil a little, pour the blended ogbono into the oil, and stir until there us no more lumps, pour the mixed ogbono into your pot containing your proteins, allow to cook for 10minutes, add your cut ugu leaf allow to steam for 5minutes. Turn off the fire, your soup is ready..
- To prepare Samvita, boil your water to 100degree Centigrade, pour some hot water into a bowl, add samvita little by little, and turn until smooth banter is formed, your samvita is ready to be eating with the delicious ogbono soup..
I did and it was really yummy. Ogbono soup reminds me of my mother and how she used to make it with all sorts of vegetables. I have a memory of her bending over a pot of ogbono soup, trying to make sure it tasted right. One thing though, once you make a decision to cook this soup, one has to becareful as over seasoning can easily occur. My Ogbono soup is a powerhouse that can boldly stand along side what we consider the creme de la creme of Nigerian soups.