Suji or rava halwa. Suji ka halwa or Sheera is a quick, easy and delicious pudding which is often made in most Indian homes and in my home as well. Suji halwa is made with fine semolina or cream of wheat (farina), ghee, sugar and nuts. In India cream of wheat is called as suji, sooji or rava.
Many kinds of rava are available in the market. Rawa, sometimes called rava, is best known as an ingredient in rawa laddoo, a popular Indian sweet which is prepared on festivals like Diwali, Sri Krishna Jayanti, and Ganesh Chaturthi. Sooji ka halwa is another Indian-inspired dessert that has a pudding-like texture. tatrapedia.com – You can cook Suji or rava halwa using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Suji or rava halwa
- It’s of suji/semolina.
- Prepare of ghee or clarified butter.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of water.
- It’s of Almond, cashews raisins as desired.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder.
It is made with many ingredients including lentils, veggies, fruits, and grains. Delicious sooji halwa or rava halwa which can be made in few minutes. This halwa not only taste amazing but is super easy to make. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Suji or rava halwa instructions
- Heat a wok add ghee when melts add rava and roast it golden brown stir continuously. Add dry fruits at time or lastly fry in ghee and add in the halwa. Keep aside for garnish.
- Now add hot 4 cups of water and sugar stir it carefully And when add water slow the heat.
- And make the thickens like halwa now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Take bowl pour halwa in it and garnish with dry fruits like cashews or almonds.
- If you want yellow colour add saffron a pinch at the time of adding water.
Check out my chewy and jelly like halwas too cornflour halwa or custard powder halwa. Sooji Halwa / Rava Halwa is an simple Indian dessert which is usually made in festival days. As Diwali is around the corner,hope you will give a try. Sooji Halwa/ Rava Halwa Sooji Halwa is an easy dessert. Serving Ideas: Serve warm rava halwa in breakfast along with puris (made from wheat flour).