Ed's New York Style Cheesecake. Artisanal Food & Food Gifts for Any Occasion. Combine crust ingredients in a bowl. Next wrap the springform pan with one large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, covering the underside of the pan and extending all the way to the top.
I baked Lucinda's New York Style cheesecake for yesterday's Christmas Dinner and it was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, I didn't butter the bottom well enough so the crust stuck just slightly. Next time I will take the suggestion of a previous reviewer and use parchment round on the bottom also. You can cook Ed's New York Style Cheesecake using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ed's New York Style Cheesecake
- Prepare of (For 9-inch Spring Pan Recipe) 😊.
- Prepare of CRUST INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 1½ c. of crushed graham crackers (about ⅓ box of crackers).
- Prepare 2 T. of sugar.
- Prepare 2 T. of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 T. of melted butter.
- Prepare of (For 10-inch Spring Pan Recipe) 😊.
- Prepare of CRUST INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 2¼ c. of crushed graham crackers (about 2/3 box of crackers).
- Prepare 3 T. of sugar.
- Prepare 3 T. of cinnamon.
- Prepare 5 T. of melted butter.
- You need of (For 9-inch Spring Pan Recipe) 😊.
- Prepare of FILLING INGREDIENTS:.
- You need 2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese (Philadelphia cream cheese).
- Prepare 1 c. of sugar.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- You need 1 pint of sour cream (2 cups).
- It’s 1 t. of vanilla extract (imitation acceptable).
- You need of (10-inch Spring Pan Recipe) 😊.
- You need of FILLING INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 3 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese (Philadelphia cream cheese).
- It’s 1½ c. of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1½ pints of sour cream (3 cups).
- It’s 2 t. of vanilla extract (imitation acceptable).
New York cheesecake is known for its creamy, satiny texture. It's rich, dense and tall with a flat top – exactly how I like my cheesecake. It's made with cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks and heavy cream or sour cream, to add richness and a smooth consistency. Sometimes it's flavored with lemon to add freshness.
Ed's New York Style Cheesecake instructions
- Follow same instructions for each recipe!.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING (Use electric mixer): Hand break or cut cream cheese into chunks and place in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add and mix 1 egg at a time until smooth.
- Add and mix sour cream until smooth (not the highest speed to avoid air bubbles.
- Pour filling into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes..
- Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 2 hours (can extend cooling time in oven the next time if cheesecake if too soft in the middle. Every oven is different) (DO NOT open oven door during cooling.).
- Remove, cover pan with foil or press-and-seal clear cling wrap, and refrigerate 24 hours. (Best after 48 hours).
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR CRUST: Grease spring pan with butter. (hand in sandwich bag works).
- Place crackers in gallon bag and crush fine with rolling pin..
- Spoon mix cracker ingredients and press moistened crumbs half way up the side of the pan, and the rest on the bottom with spoon..
- (For 8-inch Spring Pan Recipe) 😊.
- Use ingredients for 9" cake and same oven temporature. The cool-down period is just 1-hour..
New York cheesecake is a type of cheesecake and possibly the most famous kind. Its main ingredients are cream cheese and eggs which gives it a deliciously smooth and rich taste. Typically a New York cheesecake will be cooked in a springform pan. If there's one dessert that would least benefit from innovation, it would have to be New York-style cheesecake No tricks, no twists; Just a crumbly graham cracker crust and lots of lightly sweetened cream cheese Baking a cheesecake without a water bath might seem like you're tempting fate, but if you do so at a low enough temperature, it will cook the filling gently and evenly without the. What makes a New York cheesecake official is its dense texture, which feels so smooth and rich you can't eat more than a small-to-medium slice without regretting it later.