[Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi. Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi. I heard that a certain well known restaurant has a chicken chirashi sushi on their menu. It sounded nice so I tried mixing in gomoku rice ingredients with chicken into sushi rice.
Chirashi Sushi (Chirashizushi) is a kind of Sushi dish with thinly sliced Sashimi raw fish placed over a bed of Sushi Rice, instead of single pieces (Nigiri Sushi) or rolls (Maki Sushi). Chirashi Sushi is sometimes mixed up with Barazushi which doesn't contain much raw fish other than decoration. Make delicious and healthy sushi without the fuss using this chirashi sushi recipe. You can cook [Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi
- It’s of White rice.
- It’s of cm Kombu.
- Prepare of Aburaage.
- Prepare of Sushi vinegar (＊see below).
- Prepare of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need of Burdock root.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- You need of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s of Green beans (or snow peas).
- You need of Shredded nori seaweed.
- You need of [A].
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of All-purpose dashi soy sauce (＊see below).
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of [Kinshi tamago – shredded omelette].
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Katakuriko.
Made from sushi rice and a variety of tasty toppings normally seen in rolled sushi, such as fish and vegetables, chirashi sushi is commonly enjoyed during hinamatsuri, or the doll festival. Combine rice, water, and salt in a pot. See recipes for Sushi Periment with chicken Nugget and Crabstick too. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Scrub the dirt off the burdock root, and shave into thin small pieces. Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Shred the carrot..
- Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces. Pour boiling water over the thin aburaage to remove the excess oil, cut in half and then cut into 7 mm strips..
- Put the [A] ingredients, burdock root, carrot and chicken in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shiitake mushrooms and aburaage, and simmer until there is little liquid left in the pot. Let cool..
- Mix the kinshi tamago (shredded omelette) ingredients. Spread oil in a pan thinly and make very thin omelette (usuyaki tamago). Shred finely. Boil the green beans in salted water and slice thinly..
- Cook the rice using just a bit less water than usual with a piece of konbu seaweed. When the rice is cooked, remove the konbu seaweed..
- Mix the rice while it's still hot with sushi vinegar using a cut-and-fold motion and fanning with a handheld fan..
- Add the Step 3 ingredients and mix in. The key is to fan the rice to cool down rapidly, and to not mash the rice grains as you mix..
- Add the shredded omelette and green beans on top and it's done. Top with shredded nori seaweed just before eating..
- Homemade sushi vinegar: It's very handy to have this on hand..
- You can use this all-purpose soy sauce to make soba noodle sauce, mentsuyu noodle sauce, nametake (marinated enoki mushrooms), simmered dishes, egg rice bowls and so on in no time. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145497-farmhouse-recipe-all-purpose-dashi-soy-sauce.
This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare or can be made ahead. Chirashi Sushi is a very easy type of sushi and does not involve any raw fish. It's a perfect dish for big family gatherings and potluck parties!