BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE. Crispy On The Outside, Fluffy On The Inside. Explore The Golden, Crispy Mealtime Sides! Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today!
Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice. You can have BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE
- You need of Beef.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Stewed Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Cut Green Beans.
- It’s of Stalks of Celery.
- Prepare of Baby Carrots.
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Bay Leaves – Optional.
Remove bay leaves and garlic clove. Tips for Making Old Fashioned Beef Stew. As easy as this recipe is to make, there are a few things you can do to push it over the top: Using chuck for this recipe is advised, due to the natural marbling and how tender it will become after slow cooking. Try combining the cornstarch with seasonings and tossing the meat in before browning.
BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE instructions
- Cut the beef length wise with a knife, then slice each piece into bite sized pieces with the scissors. (I use steak or roast).
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour before browning it in cooking oil in a medium high skillet..
- After browning beef, sprinkle lightly with flour again and continue to stir and brown..
- Add one cup water to browned meat and stir. This will make a nice brown gravy base for your stew..
- Chop onion and add to gravy base in skillet. Simmer a minute or two. No need to fully cook onion at this point. Then pour into large crockpot..
- Add the undrained tomatoes and undrained green beans to the crockpot..
- Cut baby carrots lengthwise in half. The bigger ones can be quartered lengthwise..
- Slice celery into small bite sized pieces and add to crockpot..
- Choose 3 large potatoes for the stew. (Baker Size) Quarter potatoes lengthwise, save two quarters back, and then slice the rest into normal bite sized pieces. Add to crockpot..
- Cut saved quarters of potatoes into tiny pieces..
- Add last bit of potatoes to crockpot. Then season stew with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce and stir well..
- Add 2 Cups of Water to crockpot and stir stew again. Let cook on high crockpot setting for 4 1/2 hours to 5 hours. Cooking time really depends on how you like your vegetables cooked..
Dry meat chunks and season with salt and pepper. Add onion, garlic and thyme to pot and lightly brown (Add more oil if necessary). Directions In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. The ingredients are the usual suspects – beef chuck roast, baby potatoes, celery, carrots, frozen peas, onion, garlic, and a little fresh Italian parsley.