Crock pot pork shoulder butt roast. How to Make a Pork Roast in a Slow Cooker I use a pork shoulder roast with the bone in but you can also use a boneless roast. Slice your onions and lay them on the bottom of your slow cooker Mix your seasoning and salt together and pat into the top and sides of the roast. Whether you call it pork butt, Boston butt or shoulder roast, pork roasts are among the most economical and flavorful roasts around, especially when you make a pork butt in a Crock-Pot.
Place the roast into the crock pot and set on low. During the cook, the liquids collected may be removed and chilled for defatting. Shoulder cuts tend to be fatty, tough and less expensive. You can cook Crock pot pork shoulder butt roast using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock pot pork shoulder butt roast
- Prepare of Boneless half butt roast.
- Prepare of cayenne.
- You need of 1/4 of teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare of 1 Tbsp Lawry's seasoned salt.
- You need of 2 tablespoons paprika.
- Prepare of 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- It’s of 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt.
- It’s of 1/2 tablespoon onion powder.
- Prepare of Wet ingredients.
- You need of 2 tablespoons mustard.
- You need of 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- You need of 3 tablespoons liquid smoke.
- You need of 3 tablespoons Worcestershire.
One way to cook pork shoulder is slowly, in the Crock Pot. This will help tenderize the meat, until it eventually falls from the bone. Boston Butt Boston butt, or pork butt, is the American name for a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg and may contain the blade bone. It is also used for making homemade sausage like Pork Breakfast Sausage or Italian Homemade Sausage Patties.
Crock pot pork shoulder butt roast instructions
- Get pork butt spread the mustard all over then add your dry ingredients all over the pork butt put pork butt in Crock-Pot add your wet ingredients cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours if it is tied up leave it tied up.
- Mix all dry ingredients together put in bag.
Perhaps the easiest way to cook a pork shoulder, using a slow cooker won't diminish the flavor (just the clean up). Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork gets a bit of zing from cider vinegar, a touch of sweet with brown sugar, and a lot of flavor from traditional barbecue spices. Pile this tender shredded meat on a buttered roll and dinner is served! Chef Thomas Keller braises pork shoulder à la matignon with celery root, apples, and onions, slow-cooking the ingredients in a cocotte, or cast-iron pot. He serves the fork-tender dish with crispy potato rösti.