chicken sausage pasta.
You can cook chicken sausage pasta using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of chicken sausage pasta
- You need 6 oz of pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of each of chopped red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, as well as yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 each of Johnsonville fully cooked italian style chicken sausage (comes in package of 4 links).
- It’s 1 cup of swiss cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of asiago/parmesan blend.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of basic white sauce with added pinch rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper, 1 teaspoon roasted garlic salt, 1 tablespoon minced garlic & 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil. (these ingredients are not part of main recipe).
chicken sausage pasta step by step
- preheat oven to 400..
- put pasta water on to boil, when it does so add pasta..
- put a splash olive oil & 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in a deep saucepan on medium heat..
- cut bell peppers & green onions, add to saucepan..
- season vegetables in sauce pan with salt & pepper to taste. roasted garlic salt & 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil..
- cut each of the 2 sausage links into thin slices, add to saucepan..
- cook until sausage starts to brown, when it does add white sauce & put on low heat..
- put cooked pasta into a small baking dish, 8×8? or similar will work..
- sprinkle half of the swiss cheese on the pasta, as well as half of the asiago/parmesan blend..
- pour sausage & white sauce mixture over the pasta then sprinkle all of the remaining cheeses on top..
- sprinkle fresh chopped tomatoes & remaining basil on top..
- bake at 400 for 15 minutes then broil at 500 for 7 minutes..
- *BE AWARE* I never write anything down or properly measure anything when I cook. so all the measurements are approximate! you may need to make adjustments for your own taste. I did my very best to guess how much i used. also tonight was my first time cooking this dish, using mostly leftover stuff thrown together. it was quick easy & delicious in my opinion! I say 4 servings if you have a side dish, we had it with green salad & slice of garlic sourdough toast..