Ogbono Soup. Ogbono Soup also known as Draw Soup makes eating Fufu Recipes so easy because of its slimy nature which helps the lumps of fufu slide down. If your kids do not like Okra Soup because of the chunks of Okra, then try Ogbono Soup, they will surely love it. You may want to use the recipe for light Ogbono Soup when preparing theirs.
Ogbono soup is a delectable Nigerian concoction soup and it's super easy to prepare. It's a thick and hearty stew made with Ogbono seeds (wild mango seeds) loaded with meats and fish simmered in a light delicious broth. Ogbono soup has a unique slimy, viscous, and sticky texture like cooked okra. You can have Ogbono Soup using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ogbono Soup
- It’s of I cup of ogbono (bush mango seed).
- You need 3 cubes of maggi.
- Prepare 2 handful of crayfish.
- It’s leaf of Ugwu (Pumpkin leaf).
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need head of Cow.
- You need of Stock fish.
It is also known as Apon and is a variety of draw soup. For the uninitiated, draw soup is a term denoted to a variety of soups from southeastern and southwestern parts of Nigeria and is characterized by the thick viscosity of the broth. Ogbono soup reminds me of my mother and how she used to make it with all sorts of vegetables. I have a memory of her bending over a pot of ogbono soup, trying to make sure it tasted right.
Ogbono Soup instructions
- Cook the assorted meat and then add beef when almost done. When the meat is done, add crayfish,palm oil,stock fish the heat, remove the chunks of onion then take out the meat from the beef stock. Add the ground ogbono, spreading over the meat stock as you add. Then stir very well with a slotted spoon to ensure that they mix with the beef stock without lum.add your ugwu and allow to cook for 5mins.
One thing though, once you make a decision to cook this soup, one has to becareful as over seasoning can easily occur. Ogbono soup also called Apon is another delicious Nigerian soup. It falls into the category of 'draw soup' because of it's slippery and slimy texture. It is made with wild African mango seed and super easy to cook. Let me show you how to make Ogbono soup.