Tomato and Zucchini Appetizer. These appetizers are such a great idea for parties. They make for perfect Hors d'oeuvre when you are trying to serve finger foods at a party you may be hosting. Lay the zucchini halves, cut sides up, in the baking pan and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Although canned tomatoes are suitable, fresh tomatoes are ideal if you have them. Use seasoned stewed tomatoes, Italian-seasoned, or zesty chili-style. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, zucchini, onions, basil and garlic. You can have Tomato and Zucchini Appetizer using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Zucchini Appetizer
- You need 6 of tomatos.
- It’s 6 of zucchini.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of oregano.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Especially this time of year, when tomatoes and zucchini are abundant at the farmer's markets and in our own gardens. Don't let the season make you feel like you couldn't add a little summer to your table in the wintertime, too.
Tomato and Zucchini Appetizer instructions
- Cut tomatos and zucchini into circles.
- Add salt and black pepper to zucchini.
- Fry zucchini on each side for 3-5 min.
- Remove fryed zuccini and place on a paper towel (to remove extra oil).
- Fry tomatos on each side for less than 2 min.
- Place zuccini and tomatoes like a peramid into baking pan.
- Mix sour cream, mayo, minced garlic and oregano — add in between layers.
- Preheat oven. Bake 350° for 15 min.
Especially if you are lucky to purchase good ripe tomatoes locally year round. Cheesy Zucchini Bites Garden-fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes are tastefully combined in these colorful appetizers. Writes Amy Frombach of Bradford, Pennsylvania, "Folks tend to hang around the appetizer tray whenever I serve these pretty party bites." Cheesy Zucchini Bites Recipe photo by Taste of Home Right now, the counters are filled with tomatoes and zucchini harvested from the garden. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and chopped herbs. Zucchini Bruschetta Bites make a perfect low carb party appetizer.