Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe). Great recipe for Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe). I messed up almond butter crunch recipe and this turned out to be the best messed up recipe ever! Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe) Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe page.
This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Heat on medium til it boils constantly stirring. You can cook Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe)
- It’s 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 2 sticks of softened butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 of tap baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Sprinkle of sea salt or finish salt.
This gets dumped on a non-stick surface to cool. You don't even need to worry about melting the chocolate separately as it melts itself on the warm sheet of toffee! Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a medium saucepan, mix the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe) instructions
- Add 1/2 the chopped almonds to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan add butter, salt, water, sugar, & brown sugar. Heat on medium til it boils constantly stirring. Boil for until temp reaches 280 (don’t go past this or it’ll turn into hard toffee. You don’t want it to turn dark like peanut butter color. Keep it light to be chewy).
- Quickly add baking soda and vanilla extract and stir well and pour over almonds.
- While it’s still warm add the chocolate chips on top. Let sit for 1 min to soften then spread with offset spatula..
- While chocolate is still melted add finishing salt and the rest of the chopped almonds. Use spatula to press the almonds down into the chocolate..
- Let cool for a few hours then use a pizza cuter and metal spatula to cut and loosen the pieces. Enjoy!.
Heat it on medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar and butter are melted and dissolved together. And I always make a batch to be lovingly packaged up and shipped off to Paul's grandma (our girls' great-grandma), from whom this recipe comes. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Begin this almond toffee recipe by heating all the ingredients (except vanilla and almonds) together in a large saucepan until the butter is melted. Add almonds & Cook As soon as the butter is melted add the almonds.