Baked Manchego cheesecake with a membrillo topping.
You can have Baked Manchego cheesecake with a membrillo topping using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Manchego cheesecake with a membrillo topping
- You need of Manchego Cheese.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of cornflour.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of double cream.
- Prepare of mascarpone.
- Prepare of membrillo.
- Prepare of water.
Baked Manchego cheesecake with a membrillo topping step by step
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and start by grating the manchego finely..
- Put the eggs, cream, sugar, mascarpone and cornflour in the bowl with the manchego and mix well with an electric whisk.
- Prep a medium sized cake tin with a piece of baking parchment (tip: wet the baking parchment slightly, it will stick to the cake tin easily). Pour in the mixture into the cake tin and put it in the oven for one hour. Fill a tray full of water and put it at the bottom of the oven, this will make the cheesecake moist..
- While the cheesecake is baking, put the membrillo in a saucepan with 20g of water and on a low heat, stir until the membrillo turns into a sauce. This will be used to cover the top of the cheesecake.
- Once the cheesecake is done, take it out of the cake tin but be very careful as the centre will be fairly gooey so be careful not to break it. If you prefer, wait for it to cool and then take it out. Pour the membrillo on top and leave to cool in the fridge overnight before serving.