Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento. Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento cookpad.japan. There are various recipes and flavors for karaage and I've tried a bunch of them. This one's what I settled on.
The key is a generous amount of sesame oil. For tatsutaage, you can coat the chicken in katakuriko. How to make Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento By cookpad.japan ~ There are various recipes and flavors for karaage and Ive tried a bunch of them. You can cook Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento
- Prepare 3 of Chicken thigh meat.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Grated ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of ★Grated garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ●Plain flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Katakuriko.
- You need 1 of Frying oil.
This ones what I settled on. Fresh ginger and garlic for a excellent flavor. No garlic is ok for a bento. The key is a generous amount of sesame oil.
Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage for Bento step by step
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Pat dry the extra moisture. Put them in a plastic bag, and marinate with the ★ ingredients for over 30 minutes, over 2 hours if possible..
- Put in the beaten egg, and rub. And add the mixture of flour and katakuriko, and rub in. If you want to bring karaage for a lunch, prepare this the previous night to save time in the morning..
- Heat the oil to 170°C and deep-fry the chicken. When you drop them into the oil, adjust the shape of each pieces of the chicken to look neat..
- Let them sit for 5 minutes, and deep-fry at 180°C to make them crisp..
In this recipe video, I will introduce my BEST Japanese fried chicken recipe for Bento box. Please check the secret to make Karaage CRISPY outside and JUICY. The pieces of chicken should turn a wonderful golden. Chicken Karaage is one of the all-time popular dishes for bento and outdoor recreation. The crispy outside and juicy inside make the karaage so delicious!