Marron Custard. This cream hardens when cooled, so stop microwaving while you think it still needs a bit more cooking. I wanted to make custard cream using seasonal sweet chestnuts. This cream hardens when cooled, so stop microwaving while you think it still needs a bit more cooking.
A marron glacé is a more elaborate way of preparing a chestnut as a sweet snack. These little treats are essentially candied chestnuts with a slight glaze on top. However, their origin is unclear whether from France or Northern Italy.
tatrapedia.com – You can cook Marron Custard using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marron Custard
- Prepare of Kuri an (sweet chestnut paste) (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/170074-kuri-an-sweet-chestnut-paste.
- You need of (optional) sweet chestnuts in syrup.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of Soft brown sugar.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s of Rum essence or vanilla essence (to taste).
Dip the marrons in the chocolate and place them on a cake cooler to harden. Store the marrons in an airtight container. To make the creme anglaise: beat the egg yolks with sugar. Bring the milk to the boil and pour a little into the yolks, mixing well.
Marron Custard instructions
- This is the recipe for the sweet chestnut paste I used for this custard: (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/170074-kuri-an-sweet-chestnut-paste).
- Combine the soft brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, and mix well with a whisk. Add 20 ml of the milk and mix well..
- Add the egg into the batter from Step 2, and mix well. Add the sweet chestnut paste and mix..
- Add the rest of the milk, a little at a time, into the batter from Step 3 and mix well until even..
- Microwave uncovered for 1 minute and 30 seconds at 600 W. Remove from the microwave and mix with a whisk. Repeat once more. Mix thoroughly..
- Check the texture of the cream, and microwave to your desired texture, if necessary. Add the finely chopped sweet chestnuts in syrup and the essence, and mix..
- Tightly wrap the cream with plastic wrap without air pockets and thoroughly chill. Then it’s done..
- It’s delicious to use as a filling for cream bread rolls, or for seasonal tarts..
Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook slowly until the custard coats the back of a. Strain custard through a fine sieve into a bowl and whisk in melted chocolate, vanilla, and brandy until smooth. Cool custard completely and freeze in an ice-cream maker, adding marrons glacés. The pudding and caramel it contains combine in perfect harmony. Ingredients Granulated Sugar Milk Egg Vanilla Extract How to obtain Buy the “Pudding Princess” book at Almond’s Book Store.