Super Easy Chicken Chowmein. Add bean sprouts (if using), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and chicken. In a large bowl, blend cornstarch with water. When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to bowl.
Mix chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar and pour into pan with chicken and veggies. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. Season chicken with salt and pepper. You can have Super Easy Chicken Chowmein using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Chicken Chowmein
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 of Chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili sauce.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Warm water.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Chowmein.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 box of Chinese chowmein noodles or egg noodles.
- You need 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped green onion (save a little bit for garnish.
- You need 1 large of Napa cabbage rough chopped.
- You need 1 cup of shredded or sliced carrots.
- It’s 1 of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 cup of Cooked shredded chicken. Use any amount or any meat u prefer.
Cook chow mein noodles according to package directions. Add chicken into skillet and season with salt. Chicken chow mein is super easy to make, so skip the takeout and make this one at home. Image by Rachel via thestayathomechef How To Make Chicken Chow Mein: You'll need some julienned or matchstick cut carrots, you can buy them already pre-shredded this way.
Super Easy Chicken Chowmein step by step
- Cook Chinese chowmein noodles according to package directions.
- While waiting for noodles to cook, prep the sauce..
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredient for the sauce. Stir and set aside..
- Using a pan or work over medium heat, add cooking oil..
- Add minced garlic, grated ginger, and green onion. Sautée for 10 sec until fragrant..
- Add all the veggies and sautée for a good 5 minutes until tender..
- Remove Veggie mixture and place in a bowl. Set aside..
- Using the same pan on over medium heat, pour the sauce and cornstarch. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens a bit. It may seem like a lot of sauce but don't worry. The noodles will soak it all up..
- Add cooked shredded chicken or any meat u prefer. Add cooked veggies we set aside..
- Add cooked noodles and toss. Turn off heat and let the noodles sit for 5 minutes or so until it soaks up sauce. The more u let it sit, the more it's gonna absorb the sauce..
- Serve on a bowl and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!.
This easy Chinese Chow Mein recipe is made with noodles, vegetables, chicken, and a simple chow mein sauce. It's better than Panda Express, and healthy too! Chinese food is good but homemade Chinese food is just next level! Real ingredients prepared fresh in your kitchen is the healthiest and most delicious way to eat! Add the chicken back the pot, along with the noodles and bell peppers.