Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe). Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. The lentil (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) is an edible legume. It is an annual plant known for its lens-shaped seeds.
Serve lentils in a chunky soup or dress them up in a salad — whatever your preference, these recipes from Food Network are sure to satisfy. This lentil soup is a richly textured, warming soup with complex depths of flavor. This recipe is simple but delightfully intense, and will bring you back to starry desert nights. You can cook Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe)
- Prepare of sprinkle of olive oil.
- It’s of red lentils.
- You need of garlic, pressed or chopped into small pieces.
- It’s of medium sized onion, sliced.
- It’s of desiccated coconut.
- You need of chili powder.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- It’s of ground coriander.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- Prepare of whey (or stock/water).
- Prepare of white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- You need of medium carrot, sliced in fairly thick pieces.
- It’s of red pepper, sliced.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, a dollop of yogurt, and a bit of fresh parsley on top. Lentils are legumes—cousins to beans, chickpeas, soybeans and peanuts. The name "lentil" actually comes from the Latin word for "lens," which makes sense since the dried bean looks like a little lens. Like many other beans, they've been used in cooking for centuries and are thought to have.
Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) instructions
- Coat the Perfect Cooker cup with a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Put the lentils in the Perfect Cooker pot with the garlic, onion, coconut and spices..
- Add the whey (or other liquid, which could be any flavour of stock or other cooking liquid). I made cheese at the weekend, so have quite a lot of whey left over, so I used whey in the recipe tonight instead of my usual chicken stock. The whey adds a much sweeter flavour, and the white wine vinegar complements this to produce a balanced sweet and sour flavour..
- Layer the vegetables on top – I used carrot and pepper tonight. Carrot works particularly well in this, producing a really sweet taste. The texture of carrot remains if you chop these roughly rather than into think slices..
- You can also add some meat, such as slices of ham or chorizo, but I prefer this as a vegetarian dish..
- That's it – press "cook" on the Perfect Cooker..
- You can leave it to complete cooking undisturbed, but I generally give it a stir after about 10 minutes to stop lentils sticking to the bottom..
- Spoon on to a plate/bowl top serve..
- Optionally, add yoghurt and spinach leaves on top..
Lentils are grouped with beans and peas as part of the legume family because, like all legumes, they grow in pods. Lentils are high in protein and fiber and low in fat, which makes them a healthy substitute for meat. A rich and hearty Italian meat sauce of slow simmered tomatoes, aromatic onions, garlic, celery, garlic, oregano, beef, and lentils – served atop al dente pasta noodles with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Make a lentil dip by smashing cooked lentils with a fork and adding garlic, onion, chili powder, and chopped tomatoes. Look out for new snacks and foods, such as lentil based crackers or chips and.