You can cook Cheesecake using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesecake
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of cinnamon graham crackers, crushed.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 40 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla exstract.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of lemon zest, alternately you can use 1/2 teaspoon lime zest and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of large eggs (4 to 5).
- It’s 2 of egg yokes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- FOR THE CRUST.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan coming up the sides to form a well. I use the bottom of a glass to press and smooth the form.
- Wrap bottom of pan with aluminum foil to prevent leakage.
- Place in freezer while working on the filling.
- FOR THE FILLING.
- Make sure cream cheese is softened then beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla and zest.
- Slowly blend in sugar, flour and salt.
- Add eggs and yokes one at a time, mixing after each one just enough to incorporate.
- Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Pour into crust lined pan.
- Place springform pan on deep baking sheet. Place in oven and fill baking sheet with enough water to come half way up the springform pan.
- Bake at 450 for 12 minutes, then reduce temperature to 300°F and bake an additional 1 hour. Check to see if the center is set by gently shaking the pan. If center jiggles freely, continue baking 5 minutes. Continue with this process until center barely jiggles..
- Cool well before releasing from form.