Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles. Vegetarian Green Chile Chilaquiles Hatch green chile, black beans, and corn with crisped baked tortilla strips soak up veggie broth before getting topped with an (optional) egg, crumbled cotija, and cilantro! Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and sugar. <p>Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles.
While the tortilla strips bake, add the oil, onions, and garlic to a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray, flip, and spray other side. If they aren't already, chilaquiles are about to become your new. You can cook Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles
- Prepare of corn tortillas.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of onion, sliced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need of cooked black beans.
- You need of hatch green chiles.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare of Cotija cheese.
- It’s of cilantro.
- You need of jalapeños, sliced.
Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice tortillas into strips. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and sugar. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. Will crisp up while cooling..
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Add in the garlic cook another 1 minute..
- Add cumin. Sauté 1 minute until fragrant. Add black beans and Hatch green chiles. Stir to combine..
- Add the baked tortilla strips onto the skillet. Pour 1/2 C. Broth over the strips. Press in the tortilla strips. Add more broth as needed. Should be moist not soupy..
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with cojita cheese, cilantro, and jalapeños if desired..
- Cook eggs to your preference. (I crack an egg into a cold pan season with salt and pepper, cover with lid and turn heat to medium and cook until desired doneness. I like mine runny. ?).
Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles is something which I have loved my whole life. If they aren't already, chilaquiles are about to become your new favorite thing. Our twist on the comforting Mexican dish makes use of leftover turkey meat. We made our own tortilla chips by baking corn tortillas brushed with olive oil until crisp, but feel free to use store-bought chips instead. Spoon beans over chilaquiles (the cooked chips).