Key Lime Pound Cake. Our Key Lime Pound Cake somehow manages to be both substantial and airy—it's a textural dream. It's also infused with the zesty zing of fresh Key limes. That's thanks to both Key lime zest and Key lime juice, a dynamic, flavorful duo that really shines in this recipe.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. You can cook Key Lime Pound Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pound Cake
- You need of batter.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of shortening – I used 1 cup.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of lime zest.
- You need of lime juice.
- You need of glaze.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice. The cake has a mild key lime flavor, but the tart glaze gives it a great burst of lime flavor. It's a sweet, moist pound cake, but not quite as dense as most pound cakes, which made it feel like you're eating a little lighter.
Key Lime Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition..
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and 1\8 tsp. salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan..
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack..
- Prepare Key Lime Glaze, and immediately brush over top and sides of cake. Cool completely (about 1 hour)..
- Whisk together powdered sugar, fresh Key lime juice, and vanilla until smooth. Use immediately..
I served the cake the way they served it on Southern Living with a dollop of whipped cream and a slice of lime. Sift cake flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add flour mixture, eggs, and cream alternately to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in Key lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla extract.