ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style). This property of gobindobhog rice makes it very much suitable to prepare Japanese onigiri in Indian style. The traditional recipe of onigiri is prepared with sticky rice stuffed with pickled plum. I always love to experiment with ingredients, so thought of adding Indian pickle masala to the stuffing and we loved it.
Sauteed rice ball, with oil and soy sauce. Onigiri, also called O-musubi or Nigirimeshi are Japanese Rice Balls that are hand shaped into round balls or triangles and usually wrapped in nori (seaweed). Back in the day when there was no such thing as refrigeration, the Japanese came up with a way to preserve rice by adding salt and pickled ingredients. You can have ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style) using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style)
- You need 1 cup of Japanese rice soaked half an hour.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 inches of ginger.
- You need 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- It’s To taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Chaat masala.
- You need To taste of Red chilli powder.
- It’s To taste of Garam masala.
- You need To taste of Coconut grated.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 cup of hung curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s leaves of Few basil.
Onigiri, Japanese rice triangles with savory fillings, are great to eat on the go. This onigiri recipe provides an easy step-by-step guide for how to make onigiri at home. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Onigiri, also known as rice balls, is a super handy and delicious dish.
ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style) instructions
- First here are so many ingredients so if I forget to mention any one sorry about that..
- First soak the rice for half an hour then take a pan.put 1 tsp butter or oil and add cumin and mustard seeds.then add 1 tbsp salt and half tbsp black pepper and sesame seeds..
- Cook by adding 1 and half cup water and cover the utensil.cook at medium flame and when you see small holes just turn off the gas and keep it on steam..
- For red ginger garlic chutney=blend tomatoes+1tsp salt and chaat masala+ginger and garlic.blend smooth.chutney is ready.
- For green side dish is avocado coconut cream=blend 1tsp salt+1 avocado chopped +3 to 4 basil leaves+1 cup grated coconut+1 cup hung curd+tsp garam masala +1tsp black pepper +1tsp red chilli powder +1tsp vinegar +1tsp mustard seeds. Blend smooth and yumm cream is ready.
- Everything is ready serve by decorating in any style like I showed.
Some Japanese people have it on the go when they don't have time to sit down for breakfast, some people have it as a snack, and some people have it as an accompaniment to a nicely prepared home-cooked meal. Onigiri is a rice ball which is both a comfort food and a to-go meal in Japan. It is a simple, light and savory food made from steamed rice with a filling inside and usually wrapped with nori (dried seaweed). This video will show you how to make assorted Onigiri, rice balls with some filling and wrapped with Nori roasted seaweed. Wet your hands with the salt water and form the rice into a cylinder.