Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with chuck roast, Yukon potatoes and carrots for a rich beef stew that is perfect for the cold weather.
Stir into ingredients in slow cooker. Place the meat in the crock pot and set to low. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning. tatrapedia.com – You can have Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 of Beef roast of your choice.
- Prepare 6 of Carrots chopped.
- Prepare 5 of Potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 2 of Celery stalks chopped.
- It’s 1 of Small- med Onion chopped.
- You need 6 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red wine of your choice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need 2 cup of Rice.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of Ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes – Optional.
Put the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the beef, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, garlic and jalapeno. Season with a big pinch of salt and some black pepper. Cut reserved beef and vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew instructions
- Pat dry roast with paper towel and season..
- Place roast in crock pot and add water & wine. Liquid should cover about 1 1/2 inches of the bottom or so..
- Add garlic cloves and vegetables around the roast. They do not have to be under water.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary on top the roast. Cover and turn on LOW for about 5 hours or until roast falls apart..
- TIP: After a few hours spoon liquid over roast and repeat a few times..
- Serve by pulling desired amount of roast with tongs and spooning the stew. ENJOY!.
- TIP: Try serving over rice..
- TIP: Day 2: You can use the beef for an "And the Next Day" Recipe. See my "Enchisagna" or "Enchiladas" recipe. You can even use the leftover rice!.
Beef: Look for cuts like chuck roast, stew beef and brisket. Pork: Choose shoulder or pork ribs. Chicken: The best choice for the slow cooker is chicken thighs. It helps that tougher cuts are often less expensive, so they're perfect for dinners on a budget. Add Just Enough Liquid Place beef on top of onions.