Teriyaki Chicken and leek skewers ? (yakitori). Great recipe for Teriyaki Chicken and leek skewers ? (yakitori). I got some leeks (which is a seasonal vegetable in the uk at the moment) in the fridge and thought of some yummy bbq recipe to have and I have homemade teriyaki sauce made at the weekend. This is a really easy recipe that you can.
Place the chicken on a plate and place in a steamer until almost cooked. While the chicken steams, soak the bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning. Skewer the chicken and leek pieces (begin and end your skewer with chicken). You can have Teriyaki Chicken and leek skewers ? (yakitori) using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken and leek skewers ? (yakitori)
- You need 2 of chicken thighs, skin and boneless, cut into chunks (you can use breast too).
- Prepare 2 of leeks, chopped into big chunk size and chop in half again.
- Prepare of Some Sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Some Teriyaki sauce (see recipe).
Mix the basting ingredients in a tall cup (tall enough to dip the entire skewer into). The chicken is moist and tender and coated in a sticky sweet and salty teriyaki sauce. This is a fun and easy to prepare Japanese. YAKITORI IS THE JUICIEST, MOST FLAVORFUL TERIYAKI-like CHICKEN SKEWERS YOU EVER TASTED!
Teriyaki Chicken and leek skewers ? (yakitori) instructions
- Marinate your chicken with about 1-2 tbsp teriyaki sauce.
- Use bamboo skewers and place one piece of leek through then place your chicken through the skewers, finish the layer with leek..
- Grill them on the griddle pan or in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly (keep turning them every 2-3 minutes to make sure they cook all evenly)..
- Use a cooking brush and brush some leftover teriyaki sauce on top of leeks and chicken while you grill them too..
This Chicken Yakitori with its tender chicken and bold, complex, sweet and savory sauce belongs in your life and in your belly. Yakitori is a popular Japanese grilled chicken skewer that can be served as a tantalizing dinner or crowd-pleasing appetizer. Yakitori is grilled skewers made from all parts of the chicken, including chicken breast, chicken thighs, chicken hearts and gizzards. The meat is threaded onto sticks and cooked while being basted with a homemade sauce throughout the process. The sauce is called tare, and is somewhat similar to teriyaki sauce with both a sweet and salty element.