Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs. Rinse and clean the chicken legs and thighs with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Trim any fat or cartilage from the chicken. Place the chicken in the Garlic Parsley Butter Mixture and mix thoroughly.
My husband will stand by waiting for them to finish cooking to eat them right away. Chicken Thigh Rigatoni; Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner. Find recipes for baked, grilled, or even slow cooked chicken thighs, perfect for any night of the week. You can have Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs
- You need 3 of boneless chicken thighs (approx. 1 kg).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of bacon lard or 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of yellow cornmeal.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Gravy.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water or chicken stock.
- Prepare of to taste, salt and pepper.
Dip each piece of chicken in the seasoned buttermilk and then drop it into the hush-puppy mix and shake to coat thoroughly. Fry until a rich golden brown. Interview With Jan White Everyday Faith. Remove the fried chicken to a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs instructions
- In a plastic bag, mix cornmeal, flour, garlic salt and black pepper..
- In a frying pan on medium heat, melt the bacon fat or butter and oil..
- Toss the chicken with the cornmeal mixture in the plastic bag until well coated..
- Fry the coated chicken until golden brown and internal temperature has reached at least 75°C (165°F), about 6 minutes per side..
- Set on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil..
- On low heat, add flour to the remaining oil in the pan. Mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat until flour is lightly browned..
- Add water, and raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and stir until gravy thickens..
Bone-in chicken thighs are thicker and take a little longer to cook. Bone-in chicken thighs are great in slow-cooker recipes because they can stand up to a longer cook time. Try them in our recipe for Slow-Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken. Boneless chicken thighs are nice when you're in a hurry. Today we are going to show you How to Cook Chicken Fried Chicken Thighs ~ Easy & Delicious O Yea.